Recipe: Apple Roses

Sunday 25 October 2015

Image via Pinterest
If you're anything like me and you spend too much time on Pinterest then you have most certainly seen the recipe for Apple Roses floating around! If I'm honest I always saw it and put it in the too hard basket until I saw this video from Tip Hero:



Sunday we had planned for a picnic in the park and so I thought it time to try this recipe out!
I changed a few of the steps and ingredients mainly due to differences in degrees (Australia vs. America) and microwave cooking times. 

What you need:
  • 4 apples (cored and halved - leave skin on)
  • Juice from 1/2 lemon
  • 3 Tbsp fruit preserves (I used apricots as the recipe suggested)
  • 2 Tbsp of water
  • 1 sheet of puff pastry (I thawed two incase of mistakes)
  • Cinnamon (as much, or as little, as you want)
Method: 
  1. Thaw pastry 
  2. Core and halve the apples. Then finely cut into slithers. 
  3. Add to bowl and fill with water so the apples are just covered. Add juice of half a lemon. 
  4. Microwave for 3 minutes. I actually microwaved for 6 minutes. I think this is touch and go depending on your microwave. You want the apples to be soft enough to roll and slightly browner than you what you began with.
  5. Cut your pastry into 5-6 sections.
  6. Add preserve and water to bowl. Mix until it has a thin sauce consistency. 
  7. Spread preserve on pastry, then put your apple slices down. Sprinkle with cinnamon. 
  8. Roll up and place into muffin tray. Make sure that you, not your partner, oils the tray. My partner oiled the tray to "help" and unfortunately some of the apple roses got a bit stuck...lesson learnt! haha.
  9. Bake for 35-45 minutes at 190 degrees.
Here are my before and after photos!


Here is another snap from the picnic at New Farm Park on Sunday. The weather was a bit glum but the Jacarandas were still putting on a full show!


It's safe to say both the apple roses and picnic were a success. I would highly recommend this recipe if you want something gorgeous, easy and tasty!

Have you tried making these or have another easy dessert you love?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blue Bungalow Style © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger